Wednesday 21 November 2012

Day Twenty Total: 6,695 words

Let's ignore the fact that I haven't written anything in ten days. I don't really believe it myself, but there you go. I'm hoping to be better from now until the end of the month, but I'm starting to think it's a lost cause and that I should give up.

I realise this is entirely the wrong attitude to have and that if I keep thinking like this I'm never going to manage. I guess I'm just letting real life get in the way of writing. I can't seem to get into the headspace. I haven't even gotten to the point where I hate my story yet.

I think I'm going to have to write on my birthday this year, too, and I tend to not do that. It sucks. But, I have first world problems, so I guess I need to focus on the fact that I still have the means and the opportunity to participate in this challenge... and hey, I should do this for all the people who can't. Nah, that sounds pretentious, over-dramatic and egocentric.

Anyway, at least I wrote something today. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment